The process of peer-review lies at the heart of scientific publishing. The editorial office of the Scientific Journals of the Maritime University of Szczecin protects the integrity of the paper quality with international standards on detecting plagiarism.
The SJ performs the following actions to prevent or detect plagiarism:
- using expertise of the Scientific Board members who are acknowledged international experts in their disciplines;
- proper selection of reviewers;
- providing open access to all published papers;
- indexing papers in internationally accessed databases;
- making public the information about sources of funding for the research presented in papers.
In the case of detecting plagiarism, the editorial office of the SJ takes appropriate actions to reveal scientific misconduct of authors, notifying the right authorities, employers and prosecution included.