The scope of our quarterly is associated with widely understood maritime sector which all the faculties of the Maritime University of Szczecin have great contribution to. The topics are the following:
- Marine Engineering & Innovation (ship engineering, marine materials, ship propulsion systems, marine power plants, marine auxiliary machinery, engines, machines and devices exploitation, maintenance, operation, energy efficiency of marine systems, marine environmental protection, mechanics and thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, chemistry and technology of fuel and oils, technical diagnostics, machinery repairs and condition monitoring, safety and operational reliability of marine systems, modern constructions of marine diesels, shipbuilding, marine power systems, electrical engineering and automatics, control systems, robotics, sensors, production, transmission and distribution of energy, mechatronic systems, fire protection, electric drives, etc.);
- Navigation & Maritime Transport (marine navigation, vessel construction and stability, meteorology and oceanography, marine rescue and shipping security, LNG & LCH transport, marine traffic engineering, manouevre and pilotage, navigational safety, navigational equipment, computer marine technologies, communication, geomatics, deep-sea fisheries, deep sea mining, offshore oil and gas industry, energy production from waves, tides and ocean currents, wind power plant, hydro-engineering
- Transportation Engineering (transport technique, integrated transport technology and environmental protection, commodities science, quality management, computer methods in transport, organization and management in transport, logistics, transport systems, handling facilities in port, maritime affairs, transport policy, production engineering, education of engineers, STCW - Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping, application of simulators in teaching, commercialisation of research results, innovation management).
We hereby inform, that the quarterly Zeszyty Naukowe Akademii Morskiej w Szczecinie, Scientific Journals of the Maritime University of Szczecin following Decision No. 790/P-DUN /2016 of 17 June 2016 received funding for the years from 2016 to 2017 from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Poland for the activities of promoting science.
The project includes the following tasks:
- Digitalization of 72 volumes of the Scientific Journals published between 1973-2003 and their distribution on the Open Access basis (task type: digitalization of publications and scientific monographs to provide and maintain access to them through the Internet).
- Translations and proofreading by a native speaker (task type: creating the English version of publications);
- Publications of foreign, distinguished scientists and their participation in the scientific board (task type: participation of foreign, distinguished scientists in the scientific board of the journal);
- Development of web-based editorial module for exchange of articles in the editor – author – reviewer system (task type: participation of foreign, distinguished scientists in the scientific board of the journal).
The tasks will be carried out in the period from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2017.
We encourage organisations, business and individual clients to make use of our services. We provide the whole editorial process according to international standards for scientific articles for conferences and other events held in the following areas: marine engineering and technologies, navigation, geodesy and carthography, transportation engineering etc. We offer special discounts on orders of printing more material.
We are seeking contributors whose support will be dedicated to cover the costs of the editorial process, subscription fees to databases indexing scientific articles, holding meetings and participating in events that promote research in marine technologies, purchase of software and stationery, etc. In return for support, we will advertise the sponsor and its products / services / achievements in a dedicated section of our journal (print version), at its webpage and in its promotional materials. In addition, the contributor will be advertised during national and international promotional events we take part in (fairs and exhibitions, conferences, symposia and seminars).
If you are interested in cooperation, please contact the editorial office.
I am very pleased to introduce the new 53(125) issue of the Scientific…
In 2017 the Scientific Journals of the Maritime University in Szczecin published the…
An article about the project for science popularising (DUN), which were performed by our…
It is my great pleasure to introduce the latest 52(124) issue